I’ve always thought that baking was not one of my strong points. This is probably due to my attempt at making bread when I was younger and it flopped terribly. My sister did a great job and received the label good baker. I did not. However I seem to be getting the hang of it lately.
Shared at Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
My fear of failure seems to be weaker as I grow. I was also told once that baking needs to be followed precisely. I don’t think so.This probably made me fearful about baking. But not anymore.
Take this blackberry cake for example. It has all the right components for a dessert or breakfast. You could easily bring this to a brunch and someone will probably ask you for the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 6 ounce container blackberries, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- To blender add peeled and chopped apple, bananas, honey, milk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend until it is liquid
- Mix together liquid with flour mixture
- Spray pie pan with baking spray
- Add cake batter to pan
- Place blackberries on cake batter. They can fall into the batter.
- Sprinkle on sweetened coconut
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Recipe inspired by Espresso and Cream