When I was young I don’t remember ever tasting a raspberry. I think it might have been because my mom did not care for them. Come to think of it there were a lot of fruits and vegetables she didn’t like but I won’t hold it against her. I want to say we were a meat and potatoes kind of house but it was actually a meat, rice, and beans kind of house.
Maybe that’s where my passion comes from. The lack of these things in my life at an early age has made me want to seek them out and enjoy them often. Aren’t they lovely. Can’t wait till they’re in season again. Even so they are not to be passed up.
- 1 6 ounce package raspberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 1 piece of dark chocolate
- In a blender mix together raspberries, yogurt, banana and water
- Pour equal amounts in glasses or cups and sprinkle with cashews
- Gently run the chocolate along the zester, going a little quickly because the heat from your hands will melt the chocolate
Recipe shared at Slightly Indulgent Tuesday