Salad for Dinner written by Jeanne Kelley is a book I got out of the library recently. It has some really good recipes and inspires me. Salad to some means boring old lettuce in a bowl with some dressing. It does not have to be that way. My Uncle likes to say I don’t eat rabbit food. What?
So are these green onions or scallions to you? Well it’s a matter of where you live or what you prefer to call them. Either way they are the exact same thing.
Tuna can be made into so many different types of meals. A few examples are salads, pasta dishes, rice dishes, served with sweet potatoes, or made into burgers. The list can go on but I’m sure you know that.
I’m sure you know this but always wash all vegetables before chopping, peeling, grating ,cooking, or any other technique you use to prepare your vegetables.
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 chopped roma tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sourdough bread pieces ( I ripped up a slice of sourdough bread and measured out a half cup)
Ingredients for Tuna
- 1 (6 ounce) can of tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
Instructions for Salad
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl. Mix and plate.
- Add dressing of your choice ( I used Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing: It’s 45 calories for 2 tablespoons)
Instructions for Tuna
- Mix together tuna, mayonnaise, carrots, and zucchini.
- Place tuna on top of salad and serve.
- justperfecthings likes this
- kittyo33 likes this
- vmmll likes this
- nusentanu reblogged this from aloveafare
- lilyflower6 reblogged this from aloveafare
- fitsierra reblogged this from aloveafare
- eeyore1029 likes this
- danitronn likes this
- mixtymind likes this
- carinaliving reblogged this from aloveafare
- daydreamspirations likes this
- spread-my-wings likes this
- ninatastic likes this
- alice-fell-down-alongwithi likes this
- julesmarie86 likes this
- ilovefruit-fruitloveme reblogged this from aloveafare
- fitandhealthyfoods reblogged this from aloveafare
- nm98 likes this
- simply-umbudjind likes this
- aloveafare posted this