Trust your gut. Have you heard that term? It means go with what feels right.
Now granted that doesn’t always work. I know from experience. Most times it is brilliant. Thanks for that term Carmel.
In the world of food blogging, photos can become a burden. You take so many and choose so few.
It can leave you feeling overwhelmed and that’s where trusting your instincts comes in handy. I read somewhere you should take 75-100 photos and keep 5.
I’m still working on that.
This concept also applies to props. I was getting ready to put away this cute tray in a cabinet and I broke it. This is the only photo shoot it made it through. I could be mad but it just makes room for something else. Yes?
I have whittled down the photos for this nut free crunchy granola to these four and they are worth every look.
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats ( not quick or instant)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried mixed berries
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 163 degrees C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, salt and canola oil. Heat until a it becomes a thin liquid, which means it will come off the spoon quickly when you pull it up from the pan.
- In a magic bullet or food processor, place 1/2 cup of the oats and pulse to a flour consistency.
- To a bowl add the ground up oats and the 2 cups of oats that were not ground up, sunflower seeds, mixed berries, and coconut. Add maple syrup and oil mixture.
- Using a large wooden spoon combine all the ingredients well. Pour into pan and smash down evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Allow granola bars to cool completely in the pan.
- Take out of pan when cool and cut into 12 pieces. These granola bars are crunchy so when you cut them into pieces there will be bits that break off and you will have a small bowl of granola left for sprinkling. Place granola and bars in an air tight container.
- miintyeyes likes this
- mysticillusionist likes this
- antheatapper likes this
- bhwhit22 likes this
- manumon likes this
- vmmll likes this
- sisioner likes this
- my-inner-mechanisms likes this
- fitnessjesusfreak reblogged this from aloveafare
- ladykillerbody reblogged this from aloveafare
- mynailart123 likes this
- eveliieen24 likes this
- clannorris reblogged this from aloveafare
- clannorris likes this
- madmat-son reblogged this from aloveafare and added:
- madmat-son likes this
- triptobeskinny likes this
- katiemickgee likes this
- aloveafare posted this