It’s finally time for soup. I love soup. Ask anyone who knows me and they’ll say, “Theresa loves soup’. My sister does too. There is something so nice about a bowl of food that fills you up and makes you feel warm inside.
Many years ago on a fishing trip with a few other couples, I made homemade soup and this guy named Jim said that was the first time he had soup made from scratch.
I’ve made soup out of leftovers in the freezer many times. Ever hear of pizza soup? That was me. I wrote a recipe for it back in 2002.
When my favorite guy would go on one of his fishing trips I would usually send him off with some soup and bread. I liked knowing he was eating something I took the time to make for him and his friends. It always made me feel good. Keep that in mind.
When you love someone, show them with a comforting bowl of soup.
- 1 (15 ounce) can of lentils drained, and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 2 (1/2 cups) of vegetable broth
- 2 medium sized carrots, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan except for the cornstarch. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- When carrots are tender, blend cornstarch with a little water and pour into soup. Mix together and serve.